Top Ten Healthy Gift Ideas
If you want to give a gift that lasts beyond Christmas then a gift that helps someone create a healthier lifestyle is the perfect one!
Here are my top 10 suggestions for you:
- Stocking fillers – always nice to top the stockings with some healthy options. Thinks like sports socks, essential oils, lemon juicers, pedometers, relaxation CDs, healthy snack bars, angel cards etc. Containers such as glass water bottles, smoothie containers, dinner flasks, funky lunch bags – things that make healthy eating easier are always appreciated.
- Recipe book – There are so many great cookbooks out there at the moment. The Happy Pear cookbooks are always a hit but check out your local book store or amazon to see the great selection of veggie/vegan cookbooks.
- Foam roller – these are started to get popular in Ireland now and you can even find them in TK Maxx. Foam Rollers are great for encouraging someone to stretch more and helping to prevent injuries.
- Fitbit – if you know someone into fitness then a fitbit that they can track their activity levels with is a great gift. There are 8 different models now so something to suit all needs and budgets.
- App – There are some great apps/websites out there that offer a range of services to keep your loved ones healthy. Everything from Buddhify (mediation app) to my friend Janice’s Space to Relax subscription site.
- Gym membership – really only one for those closest to you so you are sure they will use it! Most gyms run special offers this time of year and don’t forget that most of them do corporate rates too in case that applies to you.
- Waterproof gear – not very personal but extremely practical if you want to encourage a loved one to get active in Ireland! Anything from a light running jacket to heavier waterproof hiking jackets. Keep an eye on TK Maxx if there is one near you as you can grab some great bargains there.
- Relaxation treatment – vouchers for treatments are one of my favourite gifts to get as I love my spa time and can enjoy it guilt-free when it’s a gift ; ) Again lots of different packages available from a discounted treatment up to a full spa day with lunch.
- A workout bag – perfect for the gym bunny or someone getting started at the gym. Lots of different types out there but I always look for one that has a separate compartment for shoes as if you are dealing with the wet muddy trails/road you’ll be glad they don’t have to sit on top of your clothes!
- Vouchers – I personally love to get vouchers as it allows me to get something I like. I don’t like the fact that the value is obvious or implied but I can deal with that rather than getting something I don’t really like (hope that doesn’t sound too ungrateful!!). Obviously the best vouchers in town are the ones for Your Healthy Living Coach as they can be used against workshops, CDs, online programs or coaching – so plenty of options for getting healthier!
You can find Your Healthy Living Coach vouchers here and they can be posted or emailed to you so perfect for the last minutes gifts!
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy Christmas!